We’re now 11 days into Blogmas and I thought I’d share with you my reasons for taking part in it this year. I’ve read numerous comments on Twitter and blog posts about why bloggers aren’t partaking in it, but not so many posts for it.
- I love Christmas! That’s my main reason for participating in Blogmas. I’ve always liked Christmas, but this year I’ve even more excited about it than ever before as it’s my baby girl’s first Christmas and I’m so excited to make it a special one for her.
- I want a challenge. I’m on maternity leave and a part of me misses having to deadlines to hit and figuring out the resolution to issues. Blogmas has given me a challenge like no other. From the thinking of 25 suitable posts, drafting and presenting them. I also gave myself the challenge of getting them all prepped and ready to go live in November.
- I missed Blogtober. I only started blogging in August and so Blogtober was a complete alien concept to me. By the time I’d found out more about it, it was well into October and it was too late for me to participate.
- This year may be my only chance to get involved – next year I’ll be back at work after my maternity leave and unlikely to have the free time to blog every day in the lead up to Christmas, so I really wanted to get involved this year in case I can’t next time round.
- To join a community – From what I’ve seen those who are participating in Blogmas are a friendly group of people happy to help other bloggers out. I’m really looking forward to seeing other bloggers Blogmas content to see what great posts and ideas they’ve come up with this year.
Are you taking part in Blogmas this year? Please let me know your reasons for or against it in the comments section below.