The great thing about this recipe is that it’s very versatile. It can be adapted to be vegan or non-vegan and instead of baking in a cake tin, you could use a tray to make it a tray bake/brownie or bake in a muffin tin for individual portions.
Personally, I like to warm a slice up in the microwave for 30 seconds before devouring it.
2 ripe Bananas
120g Apple sauce
50g Caster sugar
50g Brown sugar
200g Self-raising flour
30g Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
75g of chocolate chips/chocolate chunks
**For the vegan version omit the chocolate chips/chunks or use vegan chocolate**
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
2) Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
3) Add the sugar and apple sauce and mix together.
4) Add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix together.
5) Add the chocolate chips/chunks and mix together.
6) Line a cake tin or tray with baking paper and pour the mixture in.
7) Bake for 30-35 minutes. When you insert the end of a skewer into the cake, there should be no traces of cake mix.
8) Leave to cool before removing from the tin/tray.